Welcome to The Blue Cottage
Early learning centre
- We care for children from birth to 6 years – Monday to Friday from 7.30 am to 5.30 pm. We are only closed for the statutory holidays.
- The Blue Cottage is owner operated by me, Jo. I am around every day to help and support the families, team and children in whatever way I can. Having the owner present adds that extra level of care and attention to your child and their experiences with us.
- We have spent a lot of time and care creating a home away from home environment using ‘real’ furniture and adding our own touch of love by upcycling pieces and sewing our own textiles. This is your home too so feel free to stay and play with your children when you drop off or pick up.
- Parenting is challenging enough so we want your experience at The Blue Cottage to be as stress free as possible. We provide everything that your child will need from food and nappies to clean clothes and hats. All you need to bring is your child!
- The Blue Cottage prides itself on having more teachers and great ratios. That means that there are more opportunities for quality learning moments and heaps more cuddles.
- We are environmentally aware! From using cloth nappies to worm farms and recycling. All our scraps help feed 2 of the local farms and we are plastic bag free. We are very proud of our stage 4 Resource Wise award.
- We see infants and children as capable beings and nature, messy play and risk taking are woven through our curriculum and our many excursions.